Media Xperiments is a platform for teachers to create custom collaborations or groups with students, community professionals and after school mentors. Students can work directly with you, their mentors and peers while having it all be documented here in one place. Every student has an on-line portfolio, opportunities to receive feedback on their work from professionals and compete for summer employment.
Teacher Frequently Asked Questions
Don't see an answer to your question? Email us at email@example.com.
How can I use Media Xperiments to support my teaching?
Media Xperiments is a social learning platform that allows teachers to create virtual collaborative workspaces or groups as well as provide information on tours of local businesses and access to professional mentors to help students build capacity.
Is there a charge to use Media Xperiments?
There is no charge to use Media Xperiments. That's right. It's FREE!
How do I get started using Media Xperiments?
To use Media Xperiments and establish groups for each of your classes or projects, you must be a member of the site.
1. Sign up by filling out the questionnaire and we will approve your membership.
2. Once your membership is approved, complete your profile and create the groups you'd like to use in the groups section of the site by clicking on the '+ Add' icon in the upper right hand corner of the Groups page.
3. We will approve your group(s).
4. Have your students join Media Xperiments and we will approve them as well.
5. Once they've been approved, have them join the appropriate group(s) that you have created for their class(es).
6. Use the groups Discussion Forum for that group to give assignments, collaborate and/or give feedback to your students.
Is Media Xperiments safe for my students?
All members are approved by Media Xperiments staff as well as images, videos and blogs uploaded to the site to ensure the focus remains on portfolio development and learning. If you find inappropriate images or have issues with how other site members are interacting with your students, please don't hesitate to notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will address is immediately.
Does Media Xperiments offer field trips?
Yes. Field trips and tour opportunities are posted in the Events section. These opportunities are free. However, transportation is not provided. Teachers, students and parents must work together to provide transportation and proper supervision for their students.